Finishing a New Book Makes a Person Neglect Things

Like this blog. So let's give you some quick eye-candy to make up for the fact I've neglected me lovely for a bit too long.


Got these Havianas at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Best. Flipflop. EVER.
I wasn't alone. And she didn't let the societal expectation of a bathing suit stop her from diving in the Atlantic.
Submerging toes was enough for this babe. He liked throwing mud more.
Ooh! And a cat! One who likes to puke on the bed!


Proof that I have a COMPLETE BOOK on my laptop.




Wished I could say I did this more. But once the sun starts to dip, so do the mosquitos: into my skin.

The eye-candy section of this post is over. 

Now, it's time for the "Let Me Make It Up To You" section. Particularly for my writer friends.

Here it is: Revising with Focus.

Click it, use it, and help focus those revisions! I've compiled it after about 11 years of reading about 150+ writing books. You'll note that these questions aren't focused on "Give your character a backstory" because that should be part of your prewriting process. This is more "Is your character likeable?" And how to do it. ;o)

You're welcome.

I'll be revising with this checklist for the next two weeks. Find me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram if you want to ask questions or follow the process or want to commiserate as you revise, too!


Sydney Strand is a writer and mom who has published two stories through New York and another six via self-publishing. She writes funny little romances, but not of the Red Room of Pain variety. More like the Dan and Roseanne Connor variety--humor is sexy, dontcha know. You can follow Sydney on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and/or you can sign up for her All Things Awesome Newsletter.

Comments

  1. This? Is awesome. And perfectly timed as I dive into my first read-through. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is amazing!!! I remember seeing this on Instagram quite a while back but I wasn't ready for it yet - thanks for posting the blog date with your photo so I knew exactly where to find it now that I'm ready for it :) Downloaded and ready to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplating, Reassessing, and Regrouping

Interviewing My Story, Finding the Plot Thread, and Understanding My Characters

Overwhelmed Inertia: Procrastination & Writing