The 7 Draft Process



This is from a guest blog I wrote in October 2015.

I go through seven drafts, and I can’t decrease the number. I’ve tried. But when I do, I ultimately make MORE work for myself, which increases my stress eating and self-loathing. (More than the average amount.)

I finally made peace with my Seven Drafts when I read a great quote from, uh, somebody writerly once upon a time. He/she said don’t mess with your writing process if it works for you, even if another writer friend seems to be cranking it out faster, better, etc.

Cuz you ain’t that person. You are you.

But the thing is, do you even have a process?

Go to the original post to read more!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing My Story, Finding the Plot Thread, and Understanding My Characters

Contemplating, Reassessing, and Regrouping

Overwhelmed Inertia: Procrastination & Writing